We have professional lawyer-translators working on our team for translations from and into Russian.
Special characteristics of legal translation into Russian
As is well known, the Russian legal system belongs to the Romano-Germanic legal family (Civil Law) while translations from and into English are often required from countries with the Anglo-Saxon legal system (Common Law).
Due to various economic reasons quite a few of the jurisdictions with which Russia is associated are located in English-speaking countries like the British Virgin Islands, Cyprus, Seychelles, Singapore, Ireland, Hong Kong and others. We are highly familiar with the nuances required for legal translation from and into Russian for the specific documents needed in these countries (charters, agreements, etc.). During the translation process, we carefully take into account the differences in the titles and contents of the corporate documents used between these countries.
Legal translation for company formation
Examples of legal translation
- Articles of association (also Charter)
- Memorandum of association
- Companies House document (in some jurisdictions – Company Act)
- Extract (or excerpt) from the Commercial (or Trade or Business) Register
- Tax residence certificate - Financial statements (financial accounting)
- Auditors’ report
- Due diligence report
- Certificate of incorporation
- Certificate of registration with the tax authorities
- Shareholder register
- Shareholder list (in the USA)
- Certificate of shareholders
- A share certificate
- Registered office address
- Register of members and share register (UK)
- Board resolutions and board minutes
- Letters of intent
- Various types of contracts (rendering of services, supply, labor, etc.)
You may also need notarization for such translations. Please read about it here.